dimanche 20 octobre 2013

Posts Tagged ‘eminem’

I have some good rhymes written down, I’m not so bad at A Rozay by any other name might not sound as sweet.coming up with rap on the fly, and back in the day when my friends turned the not-amazing Rhymation game into the much better Rapation (Or Rapmation, depending on whom you ask), I consistently killed. Yet I will probably never be a famous rapper, and it’s all because of my name.
See, my name doesn’t flow right in a song, and good rappers have to be able to use their names in songs. Ludacris, for instance, starts most songs with his famous Luda! shout. Mike Jones screams his name in a nasally manner in the middle of his songs. Eminem makes puns off of Eminem, Slim Shady, and Marshall Mathers. Lil Wayne often proclaims the presence of Weezy, etc.
Yet unless I change my name (like Yeshe Perl, who sound much better as Mickey Avalon), or come up with an interesting stage name (like Lavell Crump, who prefers David Banner or the late Chad Lamont Butler, who went by Pimp C), I’ll never have this ability. For now, I’m stuck in the world of listeners and can’t enter the world of creators.
I chose the name DJ Staxxx (shortened by censors to DJ Staxx) when I emceed my one-time radio show, but the flyers were never distributed, so conceivably, I’ve never actually been aka DJ Staxx(x). Still I like the name and can think of various directions it could go in songs so as to solve the above problems. Yet it doesn’t feel perfect. But for now, it’s all I have.

Rap Lyrics out of context

Posted in Music on August 13th, 2010 by Nathan – Be the first to comment!
Oddly I couldn't find a magazine cover featuring Sir Mix-a-lot, so now I understand his frustration. I came up with a great idea last night. The concept is to take rap lines out of context, but not just any rap lines: specifically lines that are tame and aren’t necessarily hip-hop-ish. Frankly I think this could be hilarious, though I suppose there could be a possibility to overlap with this hilarious-but-not-oft-updated website (NSFW).
I got the idea from the Sir Mix-a-lot line from “Baby Got Back”:
“I’m tired of magazines”
Perhaps you should consider canceling your subscription?
Anyway, the idea is that these are lines that might come up in a reasonable non-rap conversation. They are lines in perfect English, therefore almost inappropriate for a popular hip-hop song. In fact, what’s fantastic about these lines is that they seem to be out of context already. Here are some other ideas I’ve come up with:
  • “Yesterday is over; it’s a different day” – Yes, thank you Annie. (Eminem – “Love the Way you Lie”)
  • “I really can’t complain, everything is Kosher” – I’ll pass your compliments on to Chef Rosenblatt.  (Drake – “Over”)
  • “I would like for you to pay me by the hour” – I prefer a monthly salary myself but that can be arranged. (Lil Wayne – “A Milli”)
  • “I’m circumcised” – You should probably check out the restaurant where Drake eats then. (Rick Ross – “MC Hammer”)
  • “Who gave Saddam anthrax?” – Great question. There’s some folks at the DoD who would love the answer. (Kanye West – “Crack Music”)
Feel free to comment with more. Perhaps this could go somewhere if a critical mass of lyrics is found.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire